Tuesday, November 9, 2010

for nimi, november 10th 2009 via facebook


I cried the first evening when i was in IUJ. no friend.no family. all alone. even going to lounge made me scared.

i dunno anyone.

i spend 2-3 days gazing at my window, counting small cars passing by in the sunset.

i was alone.

:(

i start asking how can i survive in a village like this??

i start calling my family, telling them i am homesick.

one day, when i was opening my door, i saw a smiley face smiling at me.

she had the sweeted smile that i felt so nice..

we started talking....telling about alot of things.family. friends. country.

it was surprising meeting a person from a country that u only knew the name in the start (she was my 1st srilankan friend!)

we had so many similarity in culture.

we realized we had something in common.

-we like to talk about stupid unimportant things- that we did

then we laughed loud

she said she was quite different from other srilankan, then i also said me too!

we found more and more baka things inside of us

i realized more that i can tell any nayami-es with her.

we had some fight, of course (sooo much)

but that makes us more understanding in each other

when we had cross culture communication lectures, it was like we were talking about our friendship journey

understanding a person could not be in one nite

when nimi was sad, i seem to feel how she feels

when she was sick, i felt so worried

i dunno, it came just like that

she was always there for me

homesick, down, happy,..just name it

i just her hope her happiness cause she is a gem.

a beautiful pink colored gem from srilanka that i treasure till the end


No comments:

Post a Comment